Safety is a primary concern for Vancouver Audubon, and we ask anyone who is feeling unwell or who has had contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 to stay at home until the risk for infection has passed. However, no public activity can be 100 percent safe. By participating, you accept the risk that you may come into contact with pathogens, including the COVID-19 virus.
Vancouver Audubon follows COVID-19 safety protocol recommendations as defined by the CDC, all restrictions in effect for Washington state, and any further restrictions that may be in effect for the region of the state (or other state) we may be visiting.
For all field trips or other outdoor activities, Vancouver Audubon requires:
- Social-distancing and masking guidelines be strictly followed.
- Participants wishing to carpool must fully vaccinated*.
- Participants must be fully vaccinated* to view through the leader’s or other participant’s spotting scope.
- Anyone, within the last 14 days, experiencing symptoms** or exposure to a potential or known COVID-19 case are not permitted to attend in-person functions.
- Field trip leaders have the option of requiring all participants be fully vaccinated for their trips.
- COVID-19 specific field trip waivers must be signed by all participants.
*Vancouver Audubon defines “fully vaccinated” as two full weeks beyond your final COVID-19 vaccine.
**Symptoms include: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
COVID Spotting Scope Policy
Leader or participants that bring a spotting scope and are willing to share viewing through their scopes should follow these guidelines:
- Only allow fully vaccinated* individuals to use the scope.
- Owner should be the only one setting up the scope and getting it set and focused on the desired view.
- Scope owner should carry and use sanitizer wipes for the eye piece and any part touched by another participant. Hand sanitizer should be used for anyone touching the scope.
Field trip registration and cancellations:
All field trips, unless otherwise indicated, require pre-registration. This simply involves contacting the leader or person indicated on the announcements. Vancouver Audubon expects all registrants to attend, so please contact the leader with any cancellations. Some trips may have a wait list, so please be considerate and contact the leader if you have to miss the trip for any reason.
Vancouver Audubon wants to be sure we conserve as much as possible, so any field trip that includes some driving will be a carpooling trip unless otherwise indicated. Carpooling is generally arranged at the designated meeting location.
Please remember to pay your driver! The recommended amount is $0.25/mile divided by the number of passengers in the vehicle.
Leaders should keep track of mileage and let participants know the total for the field trip.